Genius. Adventurer. The investor. Innovator. Whatever you call Ilona Mask, and the status of newsmaker, he secured for a long time and firmly. And when on April 1 of the current year he issued a mournful tweet in the style of “everything was lost,” many believed in earnest. Yes, so much so that now the Mask will be difficult to convince serious people that it was all just a joke.
What happened? Just Mask published a couple of tweets, in which he called his company Tesla bankrupt. Without explanation of the reasons and any details, so only with the onset of the Monday work it turned out that all that was said was a joke in honor of the international day of the fool. But the stock market of humor did not understand and Tesla's shares immediately fell in price by 7%, to $ 248 per share. If you consider that at the peak for the entire history of the company was only $ 389, then it is extremely unpleasant for investors.
So annoyingly Mask stepped on a sick corn to those who invested in Tesla big money and waiting for the return, which he immediately recalled:
- The company's debt is already more than $ 10 billion, not millions
- The last financial month was the worst for the company in 7 years;
- Tesla recalled the huge batch of electric cars the day before
- The next production plan is completely ripped off
- ] The Tesla electric car recently committed a road accident and killed its owner;
- Rumors of impending bankruptcy have not been clearly refuted since last year.
It is possible that the illustrious businessman Ilon Mask will find the right words and actions this time to get out of this delicate situation and continue the game. But it can also happen that a joke turns into a gloomy prophecy.js.src = “&version=v2.8”; 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));