Whole Foods is offering the discounts in Florida, and will expand nationwide this summer.
Amazon may have just been hiked the price of Prime to $ 119 per year, but it's throwing in a new perk: 10 percent off sale items at Whole Foods. ] The grocery store, which Amazon acquired for $ 13.7 billion last year, is offering in the Florida stores, and will expand nationwide this summer.
To get the discount, Prime Members will have to scan their Whole Foods Market app at checkout. The app will also list items.
What should you expect? These are the deals in Florida stores this week:
- Sustainably-sourced, wild-caught halibut steaks: $ 9.99 / lb., Save $ 10 / lb.
- Organic strawberries: 1 lb. for $ 2.99, save $ 2
- Cold brew coffee at Allegro coffee bars: 50% off 16 oz.
- KIND granola: 11 oz. bag 2 / $ 6
- 365 Everyday Value sparkling water: 12-pack case buy one, get one free
- Magic Mushroom Powder: 50% off
- Plus, an additional 10% off hundreds of sale items throughout the store
For now, Amazon Prime members can already get two-hour Whole Foods deliveries via Prime in 10 cities, including Austin, Cincinnati, Dallas, Virginia Beach, Atlanta, and San Francisco. The Amazon Prime Rewards The Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card also offers 5 percent back on Whole Foods Market purchases.
And you can buy an Amazon Echo at Whole Foods, if you're so inclined.
If you do not want to pay for “Amazon Prime is $ 119 per year or $ 12.99 per month, although there are workarounds if it's free shipping you ' re after. Existing customers will see a price from $ 99 to $ 119 as of June 16.