After the new Apple smartphones were shown, many wondered whether the camera of the flagship iPhone models received major improvements in comparison with its predecessors. Yes and no. Let's deal with it.
At first glance, the camera of new devices looks pretty much out of the camera on the outside and on paper practically does not differ from the camera of the iPhone X. If you look at the specifications on the official website of Apple, you can find out that the novelty uses the same 12 MP camera with a wide-angle and telephoto lens and comparable diaphragm. However, there are changes, and very significant:
- The main sensor of the wide-angle lens now uses 1.4 μm pixels. This innovation will improve the sensitivity and ultimately more accurately convey the depth of color in the images.
- The iPhone XS and the iPhone XS Max received a new image processing processor (SIP), which now works with the Neural Engine system. This bundle is responsible for recognizing the face and its contours, adjusting the white balance and autofocus, and for segmenting the resulting image and other parameters.
- A new Smart HDR function has been introduced that uses all the capabilities of new sensors, SIP, and processing algorithms to produce high-quality shots with an extended color range.
- There are improvements in portrait mode. The debut option “Depth”, which allows you to adjust the degree of blurring of the image after shooting.
- When recording video with a frequency of up to 30 frames / second, a profile with an extended color range can now be applied. And the sound itself is now recorded in stereo.
According to Apple, thanks to these changes, the camera in the iPhone XS and the iPhone XS Max again reached the level unattainable for many smartphones.
Is the camera happy with your device? Let us know in the comments or in our Telegram chat.