The developers of the popular LineageOS firmware have kept their promise to upgrade to Android 8.1 Oreo and have already started distributing a stable build numbered 15.1. The update contains all the innovations of the current version of the OS, as well as a number of functions implemented by developers on their own initiative.
Despite the promise to adapt LineageOS 15.1 for more than a hundred devices, at the moment the update installation option is limited to eleven models:
– Google Nexus 6P – angler,
– Google Nexus 5X – bullhead,
– LeEco Le Pro 3 / Le Pro3 Elite – zl1,
– OnePlus 3 / 3T – oneplus3,
– OnePlus 5 – cheeseburger,
– OnePlus 5T – dumpling,
– Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 Wi-Fi – gts210vewifi.
– Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 Wi-Fi – gts28vewifi,
– Xiaomi Mi 5 – gemini,
– Xiaomi Mi 5S – capricorn,
– Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus – natrium.
LineageOS 15.1 contains a dark theme with the possibility of automatic adjustment to the color of the desktop wallpaper, adaptive application icons for unifying their forms, package icons with a single design, and a built-in “Camera” barcode scanner – and QR codes.
If you find your device in the list compatible with LineageOS 15.1, you can download the update in the appropriate section on the official developer site. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of third-party firmware in the official Telegram-chat AndroidInsider.ru.